Lecturer in French and Francophone Studies
26C Alumni Memorial Bldg
Phone: (865) 974-6495
Laurent Zunino is a Lecturer in French studies. He supports the development of French and Francophone culture and languages through extracurricular activities such as the French Immersion Weekend Program, the UT International Festival, and the MFLL Soccer Tournament. He teaches undergraduate language classes levels 100-300.
He is also President of the Alliance Française of Knoxville (www.afknoxville.org).
- Just playing Games? Mobile Resources and Languages. November 2015 SCMLA Nashville
- Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center Workshop September 2015. Guest Speaker for my experience in developing gaming for languages
- Enhancing Learning via Gaming. Instructional Technology Community of Practice, April 2015.
- How to organize an effective Language Immersion. Nov. 2013 TFLTA, Nashville, TN.
- Unlock Students' Potential: Increasing Language Proficiency through Immersion Weekend (Intellectbase International Consortium, Nashville, May 2013)
- M.A in French, University of Tennessee, 2011
- B.A. in French, University of Tennessee, 2009
- B.A. in Forestry, from the Centre Arradon in Bretagne, 1997
- 2014-present: Created a placed-based mobile platform about historical French influences in Knoxville
- Organizer of the UT French Immersion Weekend 2012 to present
- Organizer of French @ UT International Week 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Organizer of French @ UT Festival International 2013, and 2015
- Organizer of French Team at the MFLL Soccer Tournament 2013-present
- Organizer of MFLL Soccer Scrimmage 2014-present
- Organizer of French Team for MFLL Dessert Contest 2014